THE STORY BEHIND THE SHIRT
The Church Lady is a mature woman named Enid Strict who is the uptight, smug, and pious host of her talk show Church Chat. Her show includes guests, usually celebrities whom she interviews, played by other cast members of SNL or by the celebrities themselves. However, the interviews are only a guise for her to call out the guests on their various alleged sins, which are often publicly known news events of the day. They initially receive sarcastic praise from her, until the interview degrades into a tirade against their apparent lack of piety and their secular lifestyles, culminating with her judgmental admonishments and condemnation. She often takes others to task for following the desires of their tingling and/or engorged "naughty parts."
Dana Carvey said that he based the character on women who he knew from his church growing up who would keep track of people's attendance. He developed the character in his stand-up comedy act prior to joining SNL. Writer Rosie Shuster helped him develop the concept of the Church Chat talk show. The Church Lady made numerous appearances on SNL, and Nora Dunn recalled that "everybody loved that character." [WIKIPEDIA]
This t-shirt is everything you've dreamed of and more. It feels soft and lightweight, with the right amount of stretch. It's comfortable and flattering for both men and women.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colors contain polyester)
• Ash color is 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Heather colors are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic and Black Heather are 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Heather Prism colors are 99% combed and ring-spun cotton, 1% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Side-seamed construction
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping